Visit us! is a module that displays a styled Google Map to locate your business (store, office, restaurant, the nearest parkings,...): the visitor is geolocated and directions are proposed. Distance and travel time are displayed, as the travel steps. Even better, the visitor on the way to your business can refresh manually or automatically it's location (and the directions) so never to be lost.
Also add that, with the Visit us! business locator, you display contact informations and opening hours for each marker! The Opening Hours display feature is very rich: set and display opening hours for each marker but also annual closing dates, extra opening dates (with specific opening hours) and an open/closed board that indicates if the business is now open (until when) or closed (until when).
On a mobile, location and directions on the map can be refreshed after every visitor's move! Visitor can also launch its favorite turn-by-turn GPS navigation application.
Version: 2.5 Last Update: 13/01/2015 Joomla: Demo: demo.joomlamino.com
New! Visit us! 2.5 improves its 'Opening Hours' features: we've added extra opening dates and hours, a text box to add more information (booking , brunch hours , ...), 'After midnight' opening hours support.
New! Visit us! 2.4 supports now SVG icons for its markers. Group your markers in a SVG file (or enter custom paths) and use them on your map, at defined size and color. Labeled markers (letter or number) are also supported now.
New! Visit us! 2.3 displays a clickable list of all the markers : click on one of them and the map smoothly zooms in to it.
New! Visit us! 2.2 allows to display markers in per-zoom-level clusters!
New! Visit us! 2.1 allows now to manage a large number of markers. By improving the ease of use and by taking better account of the restrictions of Google maps, you can now insert a large number of markers to your maps.
New! Visit us! 2.0 allows now to display your business opening hours! A real-time open/closed status is displayed too: your website visitors know in a glance if your are open or closed now, and until when!
A question before visiting you? All your contact information are displayed too.
A large number of parameters are available in the module's administration panel to adapt the Visit us! map to your specific needs:
- Responsive display and flexible map size (width and height in pixels or percentage).
- Enter and customize directly in the admin panel the markers you want to display.
- For large number of markers, define them in a XML file easy to maintain.
- Group your markers in per-zoom-level clusters (use uploaded custom images for your clusters).
- Enter your Google Maps client ID (not mandatory) to access the special features of Google Maps API for Business.
- For each marker, define and display (on the top, left or right of the map) your contact information, opening hours, annual closing dates, extra opening dates and hours, a text box to add more information (booking, special schedules, ...).
- Display a dynamic open/close status to indicate for each marker if the business is now open (until when) or closed (until when).
- Customize the displayed opening hours panel and open/closed dynamic status board to fit your needs.
- Display a clickable list of all the markers : click on one of them and the map smoothly zooms in to it.
- Use SVG icons or uploaded custom images for your markers.
- On desktop or mobile, geolocate your visitor.
- Display its location in every case or only if the visitor is nearby your markers (you set the adapted distance in the admin panel).
- Define a default marker (it can be the nearest one from the visitor's location).
- Display all your markers or only the ones that are to a distance less than x km from your visitor's location.
- Choose to set the center your map and the zoom level or to let the map fit to its markers bounds for an ideal display.
- Display travel time and distance from your visitor's location to your business and the detailed steps to arrive to you.
- Display the directions text for the entire route (optional).
- Visitor can choose its travel mode: driving, transit, bicycling or walking and display more usefull information: traffic layer, transit plan or bicycle ways.
- Manual or automatic geolocation (and associated directions) refresh : when the visitor moves, the map updates the visitor's geolocation in its mobile and the associated directions to your business. A visitor on his way to you never gets lost and always arrives to your business.
- Visitor can select a marker and launch its favorite turn-by-turn navigation mobile application.
- Visit us! fits to your website's design and displays a trendy map: you can easily define the colours of your map with Google Map's Styled Maps Wizard.
Free styles are available on Snazzy Maps, a repository of different color schemes for Google Maps.
- Manage all colors of the module from within the admin panel.
- Multiple languages support : you can easily translate the module using the Joomla language files.
To change the fonts used or for more advanced customization, a bit of CSS will allow you to fully adapt the module display to your wishes.
- For Joomla 2.5 and 3.x.
- Uses JQuery in no-conflict mode.
- Multilingual support via Joomla languages files.
Installation & Documentation
Refer to our Visit us! with Google maps Installation & User's guide (being drafted).
Problem resolution or a full refund.
Free 6 months updates.
- The Opening Hours code has been reorganized and improved to allow the specification of extra opening dates and hours, a text box to add more information (booking , brunch hours , ...).
- 'After midnight' opening hours are now supported too.
- Visit us! will soon be able to manage opening dates and hours for events!
- Minor bugs have been fixed.
- Geolocation management has been improved.
- Correction of several minor bugs on the frond-end part.
- A default marker index has been added.
- Correction of several minor bugs on the frond-end part, interface and code improvements.
- Markers are now animated.
- SVG icons support : administrator groups all the markers icons in a SVG file (or enter a custom path) and use them for marker definition (svg id, color, scale) in the administration panel.
- Labeled markers : add a label (number or letter) on your marker.
- Information block can be switched to a clickable list of all the markers : click on one of them and the map smoothly zooms in to it.
- Large number of markers can be grouped in per-zoom-level clusters.
- Contact information and opening hours can be displayed on the top, left or right of the map. Display is responsive.
- Manual zoom is now correct when only one marker is displayed (no geolocation).
- Minor bugs in administration panel of the module have been fixed.
- the directions text of the entire route route can now be displayed.
- markers can be defined in a XML file.
- Google maps client ID support.
- minor bugs in administration panel of the module have been fixed.
- marker's infowindows supports now HTML content (text, links, images, ...).
- the number of markers is unlimited : let Google geocode your addresses (a timer is used to bypass Google's limitation) or geocode yourself your addresses and enter the longitude and the latitude for each marker.
- minor bugs in administration panel of the module have been fixed.
- the module displays now for each marker its contact information, opening hours, annual closing dates and a dynamic open/closed state. The module administration panel has been enriched to let you enter easily these informations.
- the module administration panel enables now to enter and customize directly all your markers.
- initial version.
- A user 'Search' tab and form to allow markers selection : by category, keyword, city, distance, now open,...
- Administration interface improvments
Do not hesitate to send us your wishes for this module: if they are relevant, we will make our best to implement them as quick as possible in a new updated version of Visit us! with Google Maps.
Get it now
What will you receive on order? You will get a link to download a zipped package with the last version of Visit us! with Google Maps for Joomla 2.5.x and 3.x; then you simply install the extension as any other Joomla! extension.
30 days moneyback guarantee, if your extension is not working due to a bug or incompatibility with your site and we have not resolved it after contacting support.